H&R Block, the leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Network Analyst to join its fast-paced and dynamic Information Technology team. The location for this great opportunity is Calgary, AB.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We are looking for a Network Analyst to provide administration, maintenance, and support of server and networking technologies, end user support, as well as assisting in the planning, and implementation of future expansions and upgrades to our IT infrastructure.
To do well in this role you should have a thorough knowledge of modern computer systems, networking, and applications, and be able to quickly collect data to back up decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer, manage, monitor and maintain H&R Blocks networking and storage infrastructure
• Support, monitor and analyze systems issues and provide recommendations for all systems supported infrastructure as part of regular operations
• Ensure Availability and recoverability of H&R Blocks networking/storage infrastructure
• Assist in planning technology requirements and participate in the design/delivery of technical solutions
• Making recommendations on hardware and software procurement to support business goals
• Translating user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications
• Providing IT support for regulatory and compliance activities
• Conduct testing to ensure that the systems work as expected
• Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation
• Constantly automate and improve processes.
• Participate in 7x24x365 On-call support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Five (5) years experience in a network support capacity
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Cisco/Meraki, F5 Big-IP, PaloAlto, and HP Aruba technologies.
• Experience with VMWare, PureStorage, Azure and Microsoft infrastructure solutions.
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, complex technical information so that the intended audience understands the context and content of the information
• Experience with an incident management software, preferably ServiceNow and ITSM fundamentals
• Hands’ on experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
• A comprehensive group benefits package
• A stock purchase plan
• Discounted rates at Goodlife fitness locations across Canada
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Reimbursement for association dues and training courses
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about leading business initiatives, we invite you to send your cover letter stating compensation expectations along with your resume to email@example.com.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.