Manager, UX Design & Content Strategy
Calgary or Remote
Manager, UX Design & Content Strategy
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts uses the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Manager, UX Design & Content Strategy to join our fast-paced and dynamic Products & Services Team. Heading the multidisciplinary Design team – under the leadership of the Director, Product Solutions – you will help us solve customer problems on a wide range of products and services. You will actively be involved end-to-end, from brainstorming new concepts, to user testing and validation, through final-product implementation and finish. If you enjoy tackling complex, and sometimes tedious tasks to transform them into intuitive design, we are looking for you – this is your opportunity to play a significant role in our digital transformation journey.
In this position you will manage a team of User Experience Designers, Writers, and Translators to provide enterprise-wide design solutions for a range of internal and client-facing digital products and customer support resources. You will also collaborate with people in a variety of roles, including product managers, business analysts, tax analysts, developers, and quality assurance analysts.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Manage & mentor a team of User Experience designers and researchers, User Experience writers, and translators
- Create UI standards and guidelines for large-scale application design
- Create and maintain content strategy, information architecture, and voice and tone style guides for digital products and help centres
- Develop User Experience roadmaps for client-facing and employee-facing applications
- Oversee the development of delightful user experiences for online and mobile digital solutions
- Build highly efficient and user-friendly designs in a fast paced, interactive, and agile environment
- Manage yearly research plan and oversee surveys, usability tests, A/B/mutlivariate tests, and one-on-one research activities with clients and H&R Block associates
- Develop and present strategic recommendations and research insights to stakeholders and senior executives
- Provide feedback on designs and facilitate regular design reviews
- Prioritize user-centered design projects, improvements and research activities based on enterprise priorities
- Prioritize translation activities
- Prioritize help centre article updates based on tax changes, product development, and usage statistics
- Drive design experimentation activities for A/B tests to improve conversion optimization, and monitor test results
- Access & synthesize data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics, industry trends) in order to develop efficient user requirements, flows and design patterns
- Review content for tone & consistency
- Drive projects from brainstorm sessions through to implementation
- Help create new digital solutions by developing a coherent design system for the H&R Block Canada digital products.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or Visual / Graphic Design, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 5+ years' of professional design experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in motivating, mentoring, and managing people
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development
- Understanding of content strategy and voice & tone style guides
- Experience working with or managing content writers
- An outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience research and design principles
- Capacity to turn high level business requirements into design and UX deliverables including wireframes, task flows, prototypes, research plans and test scripts
- Knowledge of responsive design, visual design, typography, colour, and layout
- Experience with A/B testing or conversion optimization an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in both English and French an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure or other wireframe tools
- Experience with CMS tools an asset
- Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment
- Organized and focused
Do you have a passion for Management, design and being a part of a high-performance team, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your English resume and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.