Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
H&R Block Canada is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking an experienced Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our team in Calgary, Alberta.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheck; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
The role will report to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and will be responsible to partner with the business leadership team for all financial related initiatives. As a financial manager, the selected candidate will need to demonstrate collaboration with the business and provide support for all financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements. The selected candidate will be responsible to drive financial performance and enable growth through providing financial reporting, budgeting, modelling and analytics. The role will partner with the business leadership to enhance controllership and financial results. The candidate will need to be hands on in addition to demonstrating strategic thinking to enable the business to deliver on financial metrics.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Work with the leadership team to formulate short/medium term financial and strategic plans
• Work with the department leads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
• Analyze financial and operational results to better understand company performance
• Prepare business cases to support new investment and strategic decision
• Review existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
• Communicate product/department results and recommendations to senior management that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
• Provide oversight and senior support for FP&A function
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant financial and analytical experience
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Strong quantitative abilities
• Able to solve complex problems
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• Advanced computer software skills
• Professional qualification such as CPA or CFA or MBA
Do you have the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations along with your resume to email@example.com.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.