Manager, District Manager Franchise
Manager, District Manager Franchise
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts uses the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Manager, District Manager Franchise that provides direction and accountability to assigned franchises related to day-to-day management of operations, increasing client base; company profits, and net earnings in compliance with H&R Block policies
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Provide leadership and direction to franchise owners ensuring that goals and targets are met within their assigned territory.
- Participate in strategic planning along with other field leaders to ensure that business goals and objectives are met.
- Assist franchise owners in managing issues and problem solve.
- Provide direction to franchise owners related to selecting prime office locations, identifying methods to continuously improve business performance, and operating the office in compliance with company policies.
- Prepare annual budget and regular variance reports. Adjust operating plans to meet or exceed the district performance goals. Recommend long-term solutions affecting the overall business direction.
- Conduct meetings with franchise owners to discuss the direction and operational goals of their business.
- Work closely with franchise owners to meet the CRA requirements.
- Frequently visit franchise offices to ensure consistent application and interpretation of company policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Five years of business experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting, and effective people leadership
- Excellent short-term and long-term planning skills
- Previous experience coaching and managing business leaders/owners on day-to-day operations challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization
- Well organized and able to multi-task while delivering on deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented attitude
- Willingness to work irregular schedules
- Ability to travel up to 50% of your time in peak tax season
- Valid driver’s license required, along with a reliable vehicle and current/valid vehicle insurance
- Bilingual Language (French and English)
Do you have a passion for management, and being a part of a high-performance team, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your English resume and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.