Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We are looking for a Learning Manager, Specialty Tax to join our Learning Department. This position is accountable for the overall management and direction of learning programs that support H&R Block’s Corporate Income Tax, US Tax, Bookkeeping, and Small Business initiatives. You are customer-centric and will work closely with the Learning team, Products and Services, and the Operations teams to contribute to the overall learning strategies and practices to develop robust learning programs. Bring us your best in class ideas, think creatively about how our programs can help with building new and existing products, and work with our team to ensure our learning programs are unsurpassed. This position leads a team in the Learning Department and reports to the AVP, People & Culture.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Learning Assessment and Design
- Oversee all learning needs as it relates to T2, Corporate, US, Bookkeeping, and small business.
- Identify the learning requirements of associates who prepare corporate income tax returns and provide bookkeeping and small business services to H&R Block clients.
- Work closely with AVP to support multi year initiatives, including SRP and LRP strategies to increase client and associate experience through our programming.
- Work closely with the business (company and franchise) and relevant internal councils to conduct needs analyses for new and existing products.
- Work with multiple stakeholders, evaluate/design/revamp program content to determine best practice for a variety of audiences (in person/virtual).
- Stay current on tax legislation to ensure adherence to all internal controls, CRA and IRS requirements, policies and audit requirements to minimize the risk to associates, the company, and our clients.
- Mentor content developers who are working on course development.
- Ensure that learning materials, programs, and practices are consistent with other H&R Block learning programs and reflect adult workplace learning principles.
- Deliver learning programs, including using virtual classrooms and collaborative platforms.
- Mentor leaders to assist with delivery of virtual and in person instruction.
- Provide “top tier” subject matter support to field associates who serve H&R Block clients.
- Assist with other Learning team initiatives, as required. This may include other tax related, technical and soft skills learning programs.
- Effectively communicate or present to wider team on policies, programs, and services.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for process and system improvements; makes recommendations and implements those improvements.
- Manage or participate in projects assigned.
- Related university degree and or completion of a recognized accounting program, CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in similar industry, ideally, corporate income tax return preparation.
- Completion of courses in adult education and/or workplace learning.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to motivate and develop high performing teams.
- Experience with designing, developing and/or delivering training programs with related subject matter.
- Experience with distance learning practices including virtual classrooms, self-directed online learning and collaborative learning platforms.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work on various initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and adapt to changing initiatives.
- Proficiency in MS applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and tax preparation software.
Though not a requirement, the preferred candidate would also have:
- Experience with electronic course authoring software and Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to communicate (oral/written) in French.
If you are results-driven, passionate about Learning, and meet the expectations outlined in this opportunity – and also enjoy working in a fun team environment; we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations, along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.