HR Business Partner/Recruiter
Position Title: HR Business Partner/Recruiter
Location: Calgary, AB
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheck; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want “To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.” We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a dynamic HR Business Partner/Recruiter to join our team in Calgary Alberta. The successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle recruitment for our salaried population. They will also assist with recruitment of our field seasonal population. In addition to the recruitment duties, they will act as an HR Business Partner for our District Managers and Head Office Managers.
What you’ll do:
As a Recruiter:
• Meet with managers to identify needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills
• Efficiently and effectively fill open positions
• Attract applicants by networking and developing internet recruiting resources
• Manage the use of recruitment agencies
• Ensure the compatibility of applicants to job positions.
• Perform interviews, screens, and recruit for entry level, professional, Manager and Director roles.
• With Hiring Committee approval, complete offer letters, and collect new hire paperwork
• Oversee onboarding and orientation within the organization.
As an HR Business Partner:
• Provide front line support by responding to queries over the phone, electronically and in person.
• Provide assistance and resolutions to employee relation issues.
• Maintain current knowledge of multi provincial employment standards and human rights laws
• Maintain Human Resources databases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Health and Safety:
• Maintain current knowledge of multi provincial occupational health and safety laws.
• Coordinate occupational health and safety program.
• Work with our Operations team to ensure OHS compliance in our offices.
• Chair Joint Health and Safety committee at Head Office.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Diploma/Degree in Human Resources along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Generalist role.
• Demonstrated full cycle recruitment experience.
• Multi provincial experience, including with OHS is an asset
• Innovative thinker, able to use and develop new sources for recruitment.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet departmental targets.
What you’ll get:
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• A competitive salary and bonus plan
• A comprehensive group benefits package including a wellbeing account
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
• An employee stock purchase plan
• Discounted rates at Goodlife fitness locations across Canada
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send us your resume at: email@example.com
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.