Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 55 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
H&R Block Canada, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Functional Analyst (FA) to join its dynamic Information Technology team. This position will be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Customer Care Centre Manager, the Functional Analyst will be responsible for the functional support of one of H&R Block’s Tax Softwares: modules, user and office setup, patching, configuration and Tier 3 end user support. A key skill will also be the ability to map end user requirements and work with the appropriate technical groups on resolution. H&R Block will provide application training to the candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support by developing in-depth technical knowledge of our various software applications and
• Perform in depth analyses and make recommendations for improvement and efficiencies. Look for trends in order to solve
recurring business problems
• Analyze and map business/end user requirements surrounding existing applications issues by collaborating with various business
units, IT teams, and external vendors
• Identify and document gaps in knowledge for other support teams
• Communicate and set priorities on any end user requests and help mitigate conflicts as they arise
• Provide technical training, guidance, and resource support to end users and departmental staff
• Participate when needed in all aspects of PMO as it relates to application enhancements, upgrades and projects.
• Contribute in the preparation and execution of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing.
• Actively participate on weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, changes, communications, and
• Post-Secondary education in Business Management, Systems Development, Business Analyst, or Project Management accreditation with a technical focus; or the equivalent through a combination of education and professional work experience
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as a software analyst or functional analyst with an emphasis on technology
• Knowledge of ITSM (ITIL) processes and tools
• Knowledge of agile development and the software development lifecycle
• Exposure to client/server and/or web development environments and experience in data and process modeling of business requirements
• Ability to independently identify, investigate and develop solutions to problems
• Proven experience collaborating and partnering on varying initiatives with business units, internal team members, external vendors,
and business partners both within/outside the organization and in remote locations
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects
• Established analytical ability to problem solve and make quick and sound decisions based on changing priorities
• Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software such as Microsoft Project
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about leading technical business initiatives, we invite you to send your cover letter stating compensation expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.