Director, Product Services
Calgary or Remote
Director, Product and Services
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Director, Product and Services to join our fast-paced and dynamic Product and Services team. You will lead our financial services portfolio, including one of Canada’s largest prepaid credit card programs, our small business and specialty tax services, and our Peace of Mind portfolio. Along with the leadership of the VP you will lead a team of high-performance product management professionals.
As a senior member of the team you will leverage your experience to mentor other product teammates, provide strategic insights and direction, provide executive presentations and establish new and improve existing products. Your contributions will make a material impact to the thousands of H&R Associates and our millions of customers in Canada. If you are passionate, energetic, and jazzed about continuously improving products and services that will delight users, we are looking for you.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to your team. Ensure high productivity of the team members. Provide support for their career growth and personal development.
- Champion innovation by combining functional and operational knowledge with thorough analysis of industry/technology trends, customer trends, and competitive analysis.
- Develop and maintain cross functional teams and relationships to deliver transformative solutions that enable and impact all Associates.
- Accountability for your department product strategy and market growth.
- Act as the subject matter expert on financial services within the company
- Align your product management to organization transformation goals and help deliver the digital transformation strategy.
- Manage your team to deliver all elements of the product life cycle including gathering and creating product requirements, introducing new features and functionality, retiring outdated or redundant features, and providing product support for product launches.
- Work with third-party companies/vendors to assess partnership opportunities and managing such relationships as required.
- Ensure products meet product launch success criteria.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on flawless execution and pragmatic solutions.
- Highly collaborative work style with the ability to positively negotiate, influence others and maintain effective business relationships.
- Lead your team’s optimizing of go-to-market packaging and features.
- Manage product financials and development budgets.
- Articulating the value proposition and key internal and external messages with marketing.
- Document and maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, emerging technology and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years product experience in financial services, eCommerce, retail or software
- 5+ years leadership and strategy experience
- Demonstrated success bringing a new product to market
- A strong understanding of the financial services industry and management of a card program
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to get things done independently
- Exceptional ability to think strategically and analytically coupled with strong communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team of product managers
- Demonstrated expertise building strategies and presenting them to executives
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities
- Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Understanding and reporting of financial results
- Ability to make quick, timely decisions based on data
- Ability to be an effective leader in a fast‑paced pressure environment
- MBA would be an asset
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover along with your resume to: email@example.com
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.