Position Title: Director, Franchise Operations
Location: Calgary, AB
H&R Block Canada is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic Director of Franchise Operations to join our team in Calgary Alberta.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want “To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.” We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
The Director, Franchise Operations is responsible for the implementation of the strategic vision and planning of our Franchise network. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall strategic vision/planning for our Franchise network. This role will be located at our Canadian Headquarters in downtown Calgary.
What you’ll do:
• Provide leadership and oversight in general operations of our Franchise Community
• Participate in strategic planning along with other field leaders to ensure the business achieves its goals and objectives
• Identify methods to continuously improve business performance and operations of the franchises
• Recommend to management long-term solutions affecting the overall Franchise business direction
• Establish policies, best practices, business plans, and overall growth strategies for Franchises
• Overall responsibility and direction of the Franchise District Manager Team
• Consistently build strong relationships to deliver a great experience that brings value and exceeds client expectations
• Provide meaningful feedback through active performance management which includes conducting performance appraisals
• Lead Franchise Leadership Council meetings on a monthly basis.
• Participate in hosting an annual national conference targeted towards Franchise Leadership Council and Franchisees
• Draft regular publications of Franchise news in coordination with the communications department on a weekly basis
• Liaise with the organization to ensure that Franchise matters are taken into consideration when making plans for the company
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Strong operations background with a focus on Franchise Operations; minimum of five years’ experience in Franchise Operations
• Demonstrated experience working in a multi unit environment.
• Five or more years of experience in a client based, retail environment that includes planning, budgeting and people management.
• Ability to provide effective leadership, direction, and team building
• Ability to think, plan, and manage both strategically and tactically
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including patience, persistence, and flexibility
• Ability to travel throughout Canada
What you’ll get:
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• A competitive salary and bonus plan
• A comprehensive group benefits package including a wellness account
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
• An employee stock purchase plan
• Discounted rates at Goodlife fitness locations across Canada
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.