H&R Block Canada is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic Director of Franchise Development to join our team in Calgary Alberta.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want “To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.” We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for 55 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
The Franchise Director of Operations is responsible for the implementation of the strategic vision and planning of our franchise network. Reporting to the AVP of Operations, the Franchise Director of Operations runs the day to day operations, leadership and management including the budget, fiscal management and financial health of the Franchises while being actively involved in the short-term and long-term goals for the organization. This person will oversee a variety of sizes of franchises with different structure and, thus, the specific duties and responsibilities will vary. High Level Leader that manages the overall strategies and services, associate development, and sales and profitability by supporting the franchise offices, franchisees, and District Managers across the country. This role will be located at our Canadian Headquarters in downtown Calgary.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide leadership and oversight in general operations of the Franchises.
• Monitor performance of goals and initiatives.
• Assist with management of strategic planning, business development, and fiscal operations with the Franchisees.
• Participates in strategic planning along with other field leaders to ensure that the direction of the business is appropriate and positioned to achieve its goals and objectives.
• Identifies methods to continuously improve business performance and operations of the offices in compliance with franchise and company policies and procedures.
• Reviews monthly/annual budgets and ensures targets are met. Adjusts operating plans to meet or exceed the district performance goals.
• Recommends to management long-term solutions affecting the overall business direction.
• Establishes best practices, business plans, and overall growth strategies for Franchises.
• Manages royalty payments by Franchisees where applicable.
• Develops procedures, plans and operational field facing items.
• Responsible for assisting to develop and strengthen customer relationships, managing and growing business, and bringing knowledge and expertise to both the clients and Franchise teams.
• Approves new buyers of franchises in new and existing territories.
• Develops policy and procedures as it relates to franchise matters.
• Leads Franchise Leadership Council meetings on a monthly basis.
• Hosts an annual national conference targeted towards Franchise Leadership Counsel and Franchisees.
• Directs and leads the Franchise District Managers in regions from coast to coast across Canada.
• Overall responsibility and direction of the District Manager Team consistently building strong relationships to deliver a great experience that brings value and exceeds client expectations.
• Drives a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening and personal recognition of team members at all levels.
• Provide meaningful feedback through active performance management which includes conducting performance appraisals and assisting District Managers with franchisee relations and development.
• Drafts regular publications of franchise news in coordination with the communications department on a weekly basis
• Liaises with all departments across the company to ensure that franchise matters are taken into consideration when making plans for the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Five or more years of business experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting and people management.
• Five years of previous experience in franchise operations.
• Experience working in a multi unit environment.
• Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting.
• Effective management of varied workforce to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong operations background.
• Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Strong communication, organization and project management skills.
• Assertive and have a strong drive to develop those around you, being an inspirational leader.
• Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
• Ability to provide effective leadership, direction, and team building – including empowerment to resolve normal service delivery issues at front-line levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated strong talent management skills, including the ability to effectively select, appraise, motivate/ influence, and develop team members.
• Ability to think, plan, and manage both strategically and tactically.
• Provide support and guidance in marketing, sales and customer service.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including patience, persistence, and flexibility.
• Ability to travel throughout Canada.
• Skilled user of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
• A comprehensive group benefits package
• A stock purchase plan
• Discounted rates at Goodlife fitness locations across Canada
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Reimbursement for association dues and training courses
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: email@example.com
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.