Digital Writer (Blog Writer)
Calgary or Remote
Digital Writer (Blog Writer)
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate it is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
As a Digital writer, you’re a creative storyteller who cares deeply about language and tone. You have a passion for putting complex topics into simple, accessible terms to empower your readers. You keep up with the latest SEO techniques so that your stories can be found, and you contribute to the development of strategies to increase reader engagement. You’ll collaborate with people in a variety of roles, including marketing managers, subject matter experts, and writers in a supportive, collaborative environment.
This opportunity is a 6 months contract.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and execute the content strategy surrounding marketing blogs and contribute to the content strategy for customer support content
- Collaborate with the marketing and content team to create and maintain a digital content calendar
- Write, edit, and update content for marketing blogs, client emails, and digital products
- Research potential topics, stay on top of current events, and pivot quickly to align the direction of our content with our readership’s interests and concerns
- Use your knowledge of SEO to create digital content to increase our site’s organic visibility and SERP rankings to showcase our company as a leader within the industry
- Make tax language and legalese easy and accessible for clients to understand
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure our messaging, tone, and voice is consistent
- Proven content, digital, and/or copywriting experience – you know how to craft content and follow a style guide
- You love researching and writing and are always digging into the details to ensure your content is accurate and complete
- You understand and advocate for accessible and inclusive content
- Proven SEO experience – you are on top of SEO best practices to ensure your stories get found
Do you have a passion for writing, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.