Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to join our fast-paced and dynamic Digital Team. Under the leadership of the Manager, UX Research and Design, you will help us solve customer problems on a wide range of products and services. You will actively be involved end-to-end, from brainstorming new concepts, user testing and validation, through final-product implementation and finish. If you enjoy tackling complex, and sometimes tedious tasks, and transform them into intuitive design we are looking for you.
In this position you will collaborate with people in a variety of roles, including other user experience designers, product managers, business analysts, tax analysts, developers, quality assurance analysts and content writers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Evolve the user experience for existing tax preparation solutions and brand new products
• Conduct observations, surveys, usability tests, and one-on-one research activities with clients and colleagues
• Access data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics, industry trends) and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user requirements, flows and design patterns.
• Drive projects from brainstorm sessions through to implementation
• Consistently deliver brilliant design in a fast-paced, interactive, and agile environment
• Present ideas and designs effectively and participate in regular design reviews
• Help create new digital solutions by developing a coherent design language for the H&R Block Canada digital products
• Develop and execute A/B Tests for conversion optimization
• Post-secondary education in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or Visual / Graphic Design, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
• 5+ years’ of professional design experience
• Understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development
• An outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience research and design principles
• Capacity to turn high level business requirements into design and UX deliverables including wireframes, task flows, prototypes, research plans and test scripts.
• Knowledge of responsive design, visual design, typography, colour, and layout
• Experience with A/B testing or conversion optimization an asset
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Fluent in English and French an asset
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure or other wireframe tools
• Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment
If you a results driven, passionate, and meet the expectations outlined in this opportunity – and also enjoy a fun team environment; we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations, along with your resumes to: email@example.com
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.