Digital Tax Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Montreal, QC or Calgary, AB
H&R Block Canada, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is changing the face of tax preparation software. We are currently seeking a Tax Quality Assurance Analyst to join our dynamic Digital Solutions team.
As the Tax Quality Assurance Analyst, you are a tax enthusiast and problem solver. You’re good at identifying all possible scenarios and identifying patterns. You know both federal (CRA) and Quebec (RQ) taxes, and are passionate about getting things right. You will be actively involved in the end-to-end cycle of testing our tax software, from reviewing & testing tax requirements, PDF tax forms, XML files, and error prevention
As the Tax Quality Assurance Analyst, Digital Solutions you are a tax enthusiast and problem solver. You’re good at identifying all possible scenarios and identifying patterns. You know both federal (CRA) and Quebec (RQ) taxes, and are passionate about getting things right. You will be actively involved in the end-to-end cycle of testing our tax software, from reviewing & testing tax requirements, PDF tax forms, XML files, and error prevention.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Test software applications for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and error prevention compliance
- Create test plans
- Write, review and execute test cases
- Analyze results, draw conclusions from test results and make recommendation
- Develop, maintain, run automated tests
- Document software defects, and work with software developers and tax analyst programmers to fix known issues
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience in a the tax preparation industry for a small to medium-sized accounting firm
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel
- Post-secondary education in Tax or Accounting would be an asset
- Experience testing financial software applications would be an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively in French would be an asset
Though not a requirement, the preferred candidate would also have:
- Knowledge of Québec personal income tax preparation
- Do their own taxes
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
- Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
- A comprehensive group insurance package
- A stock purchase plan
- A health/fitness reimbursement program
- An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
Would you like to assist the H&R Block team in the evolving development of a great product that will impact the future of H&R Block Canada in digital tax? If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about collaborating on projects, we invite you to send your cover letter stating compensation expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.