Digital Tax Analyst (Tax Programmer)
Calgary or Remote
Digital Tax Analyst (Tax Programmer)
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate it is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
As a Tax Programmer Analyst, you will join the product development team to help create quality tax software through researching and implementing tax legislation changes, creating quality customer features, and working with the team to complete government tax software certification requirements. You have hands-on experience with a wide variety of complex tax returns as well as a deep understanding of the Canadian tax system. You leverage your knowledge and experience to optimize results for your clients. Through your creativity and thorough analysis, you are instrumental in defining multiple facets of tax preparation software, including (but not limited to) guiding users through complex scenarios and ensuring the accuracy of their results. You love technology and are excited about designing software solutions that impact millions of Canadian taxpayers. You have the technical skills to work closely with software developers, user experience designers, technical writers, and test analyst on the details, without losing sight of the big picture.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Identify, analyze, and accurately update tax calculations and forms in the software.
- Collaborate with User Experience designers, Content writers and Development team on creating detailed tax calculation specifications.
- Design features to cover all tax scenarios and ensure accuracy in digital tax products.
- Deep understanding of personal taxation and can interpret tax law.
- Research complex tax scenarios and make them simple for people to understand.
- Technology orientated and are comfortable at the prospect of learning some programming (Java).
- Assist with both CRA and RQ certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial service industry
- Have a deep understanding of personal tax and have experience preparing T1 returns
- Experience preparing a variety of Federal and Provincial tax returns (e.g. student, pension, self-employed, rental property, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course or similar education program a strong asset
Do you have a passion for turning complex scenarios into simple concepts, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.