Calgary - Remote
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts uses the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
At H&R Block, we are looking for a Database Developer with a primary focus on SQL Server in the Azure Cloud. The successful candidate will require a history of exceptional database development skills. To do well in this role, you will have detailed knowledge of database design and programming, ETL, data mining, and data troubleshooting. This role includes a dynamic and versatile set of activities, such as data warehouse and data mart creation and management, development of stored procedures and database objects to meet project requirements, data investigation and analysis, problem-solving and troubleshooting.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Design, develop and implement database solutions based on internal customer requirements following industry best practices.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documents for assigned database projects.
- Work collaboratively with project teams as well as peers.
- Create complex stored procedures, functions, and other database objects to support application development.
- Provide meaningful database code reviews.
- Troubleshoot database issues in a timely fashion.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience)
- Seven (7) years experience in SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with SQL Server development
- Strong experience using SSIS for ETL
- Strong experience with Azure and Data Factory technology
- Development knowledge and experience with Postgres would be an asset.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, technical information to project teams and our internal clients.
Do you have a passion for database development, being a part of a high-performance team, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.