Database Developer, IT
Location: Calgary, AB
We are looking for energetic and innovative Intermediate to Senior Database Developer to help us re-invent the category we invented! We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to join an international brand during a transformative period. Reporting to the Manager of Development, the Database Developer will be part of a collaborative, Agile team responsible for the end-to-end design, development, implementation and maintenance of a wide range of new and existing applications.
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic database developer with a thirst for knowledge. He/she will work on a team with database administrators, product owners, project managers, business analysts, software developers, report developers, and DEV Ops to design and develop data solutions to address business needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Database development and implementation using various technologies (SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2016, Postgress)
- Design, support and maintenance of automated ETL/ELT pipeline
- Analyze business and functional requirements and contribute to the solution.
- Participate in design reviews
- Participate in project planning sessions / Scrums with project managers, business analysts, and team members
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Study and bring forth opportunities for continuous improvement with existing processes and architecture
- Be an advocate of data within the organization and how it can benefit the business
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Server development using SQL Server Management Studio or DB Artisan
- Strong knowledge of Dynamic SQL
- This position requires high level skill in problem solving, oral and written communication, teamwork, learning-on-the-fly and a desire to succeed.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and be very results-oriented.
- Must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
Do you have what it takes to be the “New Kid on the Block?” If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H & R Block is an equal opportunity employer