Position: Data & Modeling Analyst
Term: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Are you ready to make a difference?
At H&R Block, we believe in our people. The work they achieve individually, as a team, and as an organization empowers our clients to take hold of their financial future – driving our success as Canada’s lead Tax Preparation business.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a pay cheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent, if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
The role will report to the Director, Analytics & Business Insights and will be responsible to partner with the business leadership team and other key stakeholders. The selected candidate will be driven to achieve a high standard of excellence, motivated by challenges and have a passion for analytics. As a Data & Modeling Analyst, you will focus on delivering action-oriented insights and recommendations designed to achieve business objectives.
The candidate will be responsible for developing reporting infrastructure, reports, dashboards and data models to deliver decision-focused insights using a variety of tools and platforms including Tableau, Power BI, AWS, and Snowflake.
Strong SQL, data modeling, analysis, and visualization design skills are prerequisites for this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• The primary focus of this position is to provide decision-focused insights and analysis on our Online Tax Software business, developing reporting infrastructure, reports, dashboards and data models.
• Designing, developing and implementing advanced dashboards, reports, KPI scorecards using BI Tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
• Descriptive and predictive modeling on account and client metrics, unit volume, revenue and margin
• Assisting with the construction and implementation of the data warehouse, data marts and reporting views
• Evaluate, interpret and communicate data and client models in the form of decision-focused insights
• Communicate effectively with business users and internal teams to deliver on technical requirements and to document data flow, reporting logic and business processes
• A degree in Business, Data Modeling, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Data Modeling or Analytics
• Strong understanding of database systems and advanced working knowledge of data mining techniques using SQL
• Comprehensive understanding of BI and Data Warehouse design principles, techniques, and standards.
• Proficient in developing, publishing and scheduling the distribution of reports and visual insights using BI Tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Cognos following data visualization best practices
• Experience working with structured and unstructured data sets, including JSON and XML
• Experience with AWS, Azure or Snowflake analytic cloud solutions
• Ability to translate analytical, financial and client data into actionable insights to inform business decision making
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Strong competency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint in particular)
• Ability to proficiently deal with multiple competing priorities
• Strong critical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving and dealing with ambiguity
• Experience in web software analytics and/or consumer retail analytics is an asset
• Working knowledge with Microsoft BI toolset including SSIS, SSAS & SSRS is an asset
Ranked as one of the Top 20 companies for work-life balance by Indeed.com, it’s more of a reason to build a career and life with H&R Block. Apply now by sending us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us and be part of something bigger!
All current vacancies are posted on our website: https://www.hrblock.ca/our-company/careers/ ,please check for exciting opportunities.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.