Bilingual Field Technical Support Specialist
Location: Calgary, AB
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
As the Field Technical Support Specialist, you will be required to provide Tier 2 technical support in English and French to our district operations including the troubleshooting of network, hardware or software related-problems.
The Field Technical Support Specialist will also be responsible for managing the problem resolution process and determining call escalations to the next level when necessary. Please note that this role may require “on call” after hours support.
- Three years of experience in the setup of PC hardware, office networks, VPN/telecomm connectivity, and software, as well as troubleshooting hardware, networks, and software related problems;
- Experience with an incident management software, preferably ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft network configurations, and MS Office;
- Prior experience with Tax Preparation software is considered an asset.
- Hands’ on experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner.
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults.
- Help users with installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about technical support, we invite you to send your cover letter stating compensation expectations along with your resume to email@example.com.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.